Field Sales Representative
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Eden Prairie, MN
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company (ranking 179), is one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's ‘Most Admired Companies.' Arrow Electronics may not be a household name, however Arrow is a large, very successful provider of electronic components, computer products, and technical solutions to some of the largest companies around the world. We know that it takes dynamic and talented people to run a global business like ours. With a commitment to shared leadership, Arrow has an environment that fosters growth and development.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Field Sales Representative in our Eden Prairie, MN location.
As a Field Sales Representative, you will be responsible for the direct sales of the division's products in a defined territory generating profitable sales on new and existing accounts. You will call on customers, provide product information and follow up on quotes to close business for Arrow. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying business opportunities to maintain sales levels in accounts and developing new accounts. You will also be responsible for coordinating sales efforts with inside sales and providing flow of data on accounts, competitors and suppliers to product management. Finally, you will interface with engineering to create demand for Arrow Suppliers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Participating in account strategy sessions
· Providing product/supplier information
· Ability to build influential customer/supplier relationships, strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external resources to generate sales results
· Handle customer and supplier issues that occur
· 2 years previous sales experience
· Experience soliciting business from both existing and potential new accounts
· The ability to react to a changing environment and decisively
· A good understanding of electronic distribution sales channels
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· College or technical degree
· PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel & MS Outlook
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes tuition reimbursement, employee stock ownership plan, health and dental plans, 401(k), and a unique sabbatical program. Please visit our careers website and apply online at www.arrow.com/careers job ID #8626, Field Sales Representative. We are an equal opportunity employer.